I usually shy away from typography so I was feeling brave here! Also in my decision to use such a restricted colour pallet (Patternmash provide a set pallet but there were plenty of colours available). Finally I made a last minute decision to add an albatross pattern (see my other post here) which was less successful, taking my total number of patterns to the maximum of 10. I think I should've edited them more heavily but it all turned into a bit of a rush in the end.
Hannah at Patternmash provides feedback on the designs submitted and interestingly the one she preferred (the one at the very top of this post) was one I was really happy with at the time but discounted later! Perhaps it's best not to over think these things too much. I did enjoy the process I used here - partly because it took me back to college where I used to photocopy and manipulate (and then re-photocopy) almost everything. This was back in the days when we had one computer for the whole department though (yes, I am that old).
Pop back soon to see how I got on with the June brief - Poolside, which I'm currently in the process of finalising.