So I'm trying something new... for about 5 years now (yes 5 - quite ridiculous!) I've been starting each month by looking back on the last one. Last year in particular I found that a touch depressing (in a kind of ticking off the days until it ends sort of a way) so this year rather than going through the previous month, I'm going to list some things to look forward to in the new one! And here's my first stab at it...
February can be a bit of a miserable month. It's still pretty dark, the weather is still rubbish, and summer is a long long way away... However it is getting lighter, and:
1. Pancakes!!!! Who doesn't like a pancake? Enjoy lots of pancakes with toppings of your choice on Shrove Tuesday (13 February).
2. Go and see the Elizabeth Friedlander exhibition at Ditchling Museum of Art & Craft - it's open now and I'm hoping to go this month.
3. I'm also hoping to go and look at some fab upholstery at the National Centre for Craft & Design.
4. I have my first workshop of 2018 lined up on Satuday 24th - come and make a painted lampshade with me!
5. Valentines Day - can be good or bad depending on how you look at it, but increasingly it's about friends and family and doing nice things for people you care about rather than just the mushy stuff, and I think this has to be a good thing/excuse to do some crafting...
6. Joanne Payne (of Adventures & Tea Parties) is running a Colour My Everyday challenge on Instagram (it started on Monday but goes on until Sunday so there's still time to get involved/take in all the colour).
6. It's still cold and dark enough to justify lighting the fire.
7. From 22-25 February you can visit Collect at the Saatchi Gallery - I found this really inspiring last year - be prepared for very high end craft.
8. The spring bulbs are starting to appear. I'm looking forward to the daffs and then my really blousy tulips in another couple of months.
9. The Modigliani exhibition continues at Tate Modern.
10. Oh, and if you really do hate February, it's a nice short month so payday (and March!) will be here soon!
What do you have planned? Anything I should add to my list?