Several months ago, I embarked upon making myself a skirt from the Miette pattern by Tilly and the Buttons.
Inspired by the red version of the skirt shown on the cover of the pattern (and the fact that I had a large piece of red linen I'd been holding onto for years), I decided to make a red version, and here it is...
The pattern was really easy to follow (as was Tilly's Coco dress that I made last year) and I managed to run it up in about 2 hours, with a little bit of finishing the next day. To begin with I wore it as shown on the pattern, with the bow at the front, but I found this got in the way when I needed to wear a cardigan or something with it, so I've now turned it around and wear it with the bow at the back (and as a result I'm wearing it a lot more). I'm trying my best to embrace the creased look of the linen but I think I may have to make another one in a slightly more practical fabric.
So my mission to make more of my own clothes is progressing, albeit very slowly! I now have 3 dress patterns waiting in my to do pile, and I have the fabric for 2 of them so I'm really hoping to get on with them over the coming weeks, so I can wear them over the summer (I'd only been sitting on Miette for 4 months before I got around to making it - that's not bad for me!).