OK, I'm aware that today is 4 May, and that I didn't blog over the weekend, but bear with me.... I've been toying with the idea of increasing the number of posts I write for a while - I enjoy putting this little blog together and I usually have far more ideas than slots for posts. I'm not sure whether I'd like to go up to 4 or 5 posts per week (I currently write 3) - I don't know if I really have the time, or if my readers want to hear from me so often! So, when I heard that the lovely Elizabeth of Rosalilium was running her Blog Every Day in May (or #BEDM) challenge again this year I decided to try and take part.
I'm cheating somewhat as I will be taking the weekends off, but this is a good chance to test out a 5 day per week schedule for one month and decide if I (and you) like it, or whether I should just stick with Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Elizabeth has set some prompts for the topics of our posts, but as I already had a lot planned I'll just be taking some inspiration from them here and there. Today I'm covering what I should've done on Friday of last week - introducing the challenge and introducing me! Long term readers probably already know me reasonably well, so here are 10 things you might not know...
1. I love my garden (it's my main hobby - if you don't count dressmaking and quilting etc which many people consider to be work!).
2. My other real passions are art (which you've probably already realised) and music. Before the little man came along we were out at gigs all the time. At the last count I'd seen 100+ bands live. My favourite event is the Reading Festival (I've been 4 times!) and the next band we're going to see are the Foo Fighters.
3. When I was 17 my Saturday job was at Clarks shoes and I was a trained fitter.
4. I know how to cut hair.
5. I've long had an obsession with Virginia Woolf (since I was a teenager).
6. I love period dramas and musicals.
7. I've travelled to lots of places (mostly pre-little man) - my favourite cities are Sydney, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Beijing, New York, Paris, Reykjavik, Venice, Berlin, Stockholm, oh and my beloved home town of London!
8. I can only speak English - my language skills are embarrassingly bad. I have a few words of French and German but would really like to learn Spanish as we visit Spain every year.
9. I once ran a half marathon - I also used to go to the gym 5+ times a week. I don't really get any exercise other than walking nowadays though, and would really like to start running and swimming again.
10. I struggle to function without an adequate supply of cake.
Why not share 10 things we might not know about you below? Or even better, if you have a blog you could join in with the challenge - it's not too late! Follow the link here or click on the badge in the sidebar. Follow the hashtag #BEDM on Twitter to see what everyone else is blogging about this month!
I'll be back tomorrow with one of my regular posts...