Our latest art class topic is silhouettes. Not as in the Victorian portraits, rather as the silhouetting of an object to make it jump forward - sounded a bit tricky so I decided to go completely out of my comfort zone and paint something I wouldn't usually touch with a barge pole - flowers.
OK, not sure if a thistle is technically a flower. Here's the work in progress after week 2 (top) and week 1 (bottom). I calmed the background colours down a little in the second week but I'm still not sure about it. We're moving on to a different topic next time though so it's up to me to try and find some time to finish it. Anyway, not as much of a disaster as I thought it might be!
For those who are interested, here's the finished painting from my last post which I completed a few weeks ago. Includes fluorescent pink!
Self portraits next - eeek!