I spent some time browsing Pinterest over the weekend (this is a rare thing of course, I don't spend hours on there at all....) and found this. Printing using polystyrene plates. What a good idea, I thought. So I decided to experiment.
And here's the result:
I decided to make three different blocks, but thought I'd better stop there in case it didn't work. Here are the blocks (I forgot to photograph them before I slapped the paint on):
So now I feel the urge to make lots more! The design above is based on my Guildhall design (of which you can find further examples in earlier posts or on Pinterest).